Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Second Response to MacBeth

My group is reinacting the whole play of Macbeth. I understand that Macbeth and Lady Macbeth both have an ambition for power. Lady Macbeth convinces Macbeth to kill the king and Macbeth goes through with it. When Macbeth becomes king, he believes that he is invincible, but is killed by Macduff and his ambition for power is lost. We could connect the whole play with any essential question, however the one that I chose to connect with is "How far is one willing to go to  get what they desire most?" Macbeth is willing to kill the king and his friend to become king. "If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown men./Without my stir. (1.3.29)" This shows that Macbeth desires power and is think of how he may get it. Overall, my essential question for the play is "How far is one willing to go to  get what they desire most?"

1 comment:

  1. Good I think you are on the right track. YOu could expand and bring in more egs to support your EQ however you are off to a good start adn I see that you are understanding the scene.

    ReplyDelete